Wednesday, March 1, 2017

You're Invited ~ #sol17


I believe being a writer is one of the biggest gifts you can give to your students. ~ Stacey Shubitz

This month I am participating in the Slice of Life Story Challenge.  Thanks to Two Writing Teachers for creating a space for me to share my corner of the world.

Back in January, Linda from Teacher Dance, wrote about attending a "Favorites Party." When I read her post, I knew I would somehow include it as a March slice.  

Each person was asked to bring five of their favorite things.  The original idea was to bring five of ONE favorite thing, but newcomers to the party read it wrong and brought five different things.  Doesn't this sound like a fun thing to do with friends?

I do too, and I have invited YOU!
  



I am kicking off the challenge with a post that keeps on sharing. Sometime this month when you need a slice, (and yes, you know it WILL happen!) accept this invitation to my "Favorites Party." What a great way for us introduce ourselves and get to know each other a little bit better as the month moves along.

Imagine all of us sitting down in my living room or my front porch, and sharing with each other five of our favorite things, and why they are our favorites.  I can't wait to see what you bring along.  

Here is what I would bring to share with all of you:
  1. Dark Chocolate M & M's because they make the perfect mid-day pick-me-up.  My prep period is in the middle of the afternoon, so I always keep a bag of these in my desk drawer.  And isn't dark chocolate suppose to be healthy for you?
  2. Dr. Teal's Soothe and Sleep with Lavender Bubble Bath because I love winding down the day with bubbles and a book.  
  3. Pentel Energel Pens because writing is much more fun when you write in color!  And these pens glide across the paper.
  4. Pillows because I have held a pillow when I sleep since I was about 13 years old. I can't sleep without it!
  5. Comfy clothes because life's no fun unless you are comfortable!
And don't forget to RSVP when you post by either commenting here or tweeting me @Teachr4.  I can't wait to see what you all are sharing.

Let's get this party started!


Here are some links to other slicers who have attended our party!  Stop by and see what favorites they are bringing!  If you have attended, and I have missed your link, please let me know so I can add it!

Jennifer at Sweet Writing Life
Michelle at One Grateful Teacher
Ramona at Pleasures from the Page 
Lauren at Taxonomy of a Teacher
Diane at Newtreemom
Loralee at This and That
Denise at Dare to Care
Linda (the original partier!) at Teacher Dance
Amy at Runner, Reader, and Rockin' Mom
Tammy at Tammy's Reading/Writing Life
Vanessa at Vanessa's Voice
Heidi at Wordsmithing
Elsie at Elsie Tries Writing
Alice at Talking with Letters
Kathleen at Courage Doesn't Always Roar
Terje at Just for a Month
Fran McVeigh at Resource - Full
Katie at Hat-Trick Educator
Joanne at Words From JL
Lisa at Love2Learn4Life
Carol at Beyond Literacy Link

30 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, FIVE things?!?! Ok, with no thought at all...I'd bring my notebook and pens. I'd bring some yummy chocolate chip cookies to share. I'd bring Bella, my sweet dog and finally, I'd bring my warm, cozy blanket. Love this idea and I want this party to be IRL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! I would love to join your party. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Dark chocolate M & Ms sound yummy- I do not see them in Malaysia! I will definitely RSVP to your party in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FUN idea, Leigh Anne! I will definitely attend your party. I love the Lavender bubble bath too. It's my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the shout-out, Leigh Anne, & I do love your idea! I've marked this post, and will definitely show up at your party! FYI-I love bubble baths too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the invitation. I'll bring some white or green tea, post-it notes in all colors and sizes, fresh berries, dancing shoes, and my camera. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great idea! And, yes, at some point I will join you for your Favorites Party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! I know I will use this one day when life is either too boring or too busy. I'm coming to your classroom because I love dark chocolate M & Ms. I will have to check out those pens, I love a pen that glides and it pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this invite to your favorites party. Dark chocolate M&Ms and comfy clothes. I think I'll be very happy at this party. Will drop in later in the month with my five faves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have GOT to get some of those pens! And those M&Ms... it's a treat to go through your list, Leigh Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! I love how this is going to bring people together! If you catch the posts, are you planning to tweet them out? I've put this on my list of things to do this month!

    Thanks for the invite to Spiritual Journey. This is the part where I confess, I've written things out, but never published it. It's hard for me to write about that part of my life. Something for me to consider...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you. Thank you. I'm a bit worried about my abilities to produce writing every day this month. I know I'll be back to join this party!!

    You have so many great favorites. I love M&Ms....though I think I will bring peanut M&Ms. What's life without a great set of pens???

    Looking forward to following your SOL journey.

    Thanks for the writing idea!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this Leigh Anne! I will definitely write about five of my favorite things for one of my SOL posts this month. What a great idea. I love that you would bring a pillow! Just thinking about this makes me feel comfortable and snug. Never heard of those pens, but that may be a summer purchase when I visit my daughters in NY. Well, chocolate, dark chocolate, what can I say. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun party! Love all your favorites! Happy to be on this writing journey with you again! It's going to be a great month, especially if we share all our favorite things! (This should so be a "surprise" give away this month! Ha!) Happy writing, Leigh Anne!!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Five of my favorite things...well, I would bring my comfy slippers, a scented candle, a bottle of wine, my Kindle, and my rabbits (I guess I could only bring one!) Thanks for sharing a fun slice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the invitation. One of my writing group friends is writing letters to her granddaughter. Today she shared her latest letter that was just this, her favorite things. What a great idea! I know I will be coming to the party sooner or later!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous! What a way to start the Slice of Life Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hi Leigh Anne! I'm attending your party!
      http://thisandthatbee.blogspot.ca/2017/03/slice-of-life-challenge-day-13.html
      Thank you for the invitation!

      Delete
  18. What a lovely invitation -- and idea. I missed this the first time around. Thank you for re-tweeting it

    ReplyDelete
  19. What fun Leigh Anne! I found this on Ramona's page today 3/12! Great idea to filter through the month.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi friends, i love the energy of this group. Getting started with Leigh Anne is a great kickoff for positivity.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just posted my slice of five favourite things
    https://wordsmithing2017.wordpress.com/2017/03/14/five-of-my-favourite-things/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Genius! I love this! Will use it as a post this month - I have wanted to host a "live" fav party and never thought to do it virtually. BRILLIANT! You made my day!
    https://tammysreadinglife.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I finally made it to your Slicer Party, Leigh Anne! YEAH! Such fun sharing five things. Thank you for hosting and inviting us to join you. http://alicenine.net/a-party/

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fabulous idea, Leigh Anne! I'll be joining the party for sure! Thanks for the invitation!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I joined! Thank you so much for the inspiration!
    http://hattrickeducator.blogspot.com/2017/03/favorite-five-party-sol17-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just came to the party today! Fun! https://franmcveigh.wordpress.com/2017/03/21/sol17-my-favorite-five/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great idea - I just joined your party today by posting over at Words from JL -https://wordsfromjl.wordpress.com/2017/03/21/day-21-slice-of-life-challenge-joining-the-party/

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just came in on this party today! http://love2learn4life.weebly.com/blog/sol17-day-22-its-party-time Please add me to your list! Lisa L2L4L

    ReplyDelete