Tuesday, February 28, 2017

A Faithful Writing Life ~ #sol17


Thanks to Two Writing Teachers for creating a space for me to share my corner of the world.

When I tell people that I am participating in my 4th March Slice of Life Story Challenge, I get asked, "Every day?  How can you find time to do that?"  
I tell them it is not easy, but it is worth it.  

I recently read a post, "The Long Term Results of a Faithful Writing Life" from Ann Kroeker, a writing coach.  She says:



"Anything worth doing will ideally be something that also makes life worth living. 
I’ve concluded writing is worth doing and is part of what makes life worth living."

I believe writing is worth doing because I know what a difference writing has made in my life.  I know Ann's audience is people who have much loftier goals than writing slices, but the importance of showing up and being faithful in something that is bigger than each of us is still the same.  

Writing has changed me.  I look for the small things.  I notice more.  I pay attention.   This writing community has changed me.  It welcomed me and has given me support and encouragement for almost four years.  It has given me a place to show up every week and build a faithful writing life.


And when I have a faithful writing life, I find the words.
I find the story.  

Tomorrow the challenge begins.

May we all continue to be faithful because yes, it is worth it.




11 comments:

  1. I too question how I will have time to write but one thing I've learned is that we make time for what we value. After all, we all have the same amount of time. Thank you for sharing these great quotes! I look forward to reading your stories over the next month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Yes! Yes! "And when I have a faithful writing life, I find the words. I find the story." I agree. Excited to be on this journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quote, Leigh Anne! And what a month it will be. I'm looking forward to more learning with you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this quote. I put it in my writer's notebook beside your words: "And when I have a faithful writing life, I find the words, I find the story." Thanks for these encouraging words on SOL Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's those minuscule moments or fleeting thoughts that become the fodder for slices. Yes, I must be more aware, but sometimes that is so hard. I saw your comment on Ramona's that you might have a strategy for a post when life doesn't deliver the moment. Of course, I will be back tomorrow to see what you have in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Leigh Anne, I love that quote. I'm going to have to copy it into my new notebook! Thanks for stopping by today. I'll see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leigh Anne, so happy to be on this journey with you again. Such wise words you share. I'll be jotting those down in my notebook too! But what I believe?

    "And when I have a faithful writing life, I find the words.
    I find MY story."

    Not THE story, but MY story. :) Thanks for the reminder to find my story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your emphasis on faithful, Leigh Anne. That's exactly it, faith for ourselves that we can do it, faith that others can, too. Love your quote and the way your presented it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's my 4th year, too! I haven't been writing or blogging lately, so I was slightly dreading the approach of March. My students were the ones who ignited the spark for me. THEY'RE excited, so how could I not be? I'm ready to go! Excited to be part of this community again. I'll be following you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is my 6th year. It's a challenge every year. I decided not to worry about 31 days. I'm just doing day by day. And Slice by Slice. Love the quotes here today. Yes, it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such powerful words, Leigh Anne.

    ReplyDelete