Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Nonfiction Wednesday



Alyson Beecher at Kid Lit Frenzy is continuing her Nonfiction Challenge for the third year in a row.  Nonfiction is a reading gap for me which is why I decided to join the fun.  With over 500 nonfiction titles in my classroom library, I really have no excuse to not reach my goal of 50, 25 older titles, and 25 titles from 2103 and 2014.  Don't forget to go on over and see what others are reading too.


How Do You Burp in Space?: And Other Tips Every Space Tourist Needs to Know
Written by Susan E. Goodman
Illustrated by Michael Slack
Publisher:  Bloomsbury USA
Date:  July 2013
Age range:  8 -12 years
5 out of 5 stars



This narrative nonfiction gives the reader "travel guide" information on what it would be like to travel in space starting with the take-off and ending with the reentry into the Earth's atmosphere.  It answers questions about eating, sleeping, and going to the bathroom while in space.  It also gives travel alerts, tourists tips, and space stories from astronauts throughout the book.

This book was both entertaining and informative.  I think reluctant readers, especially boys, would love this book because of its information about bodily functions! 



4 comments:

  1. This looks like such fun! I can see my students finding this to be a fantastic title for buddy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great book! It is going on our list of "must haves."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book so much that I bought a copy for my class. Such a great format and tons of info!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was such a fun book. I thought the idea was creative and would draw in kids. Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete